5/22/15 Summer Institute News!
The PASS Summer Institutes are ON!
MA DESE has APPROVED PASS summer institute funding for our two OT/PT institutes below.
"Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy
in Educational Settings"
July 1,20,21,22, September 18, November 14, 2015
"Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy:
Advanced Practice through Evidence and Collaboration"
(formerly known as: Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy:
Leadership and Systems Level Change)
July 2, 3, 23,24, September 19, November 13, 2015
We were not awarded the funding for the Transition Institute. We are disappointed, however, if you are interested in transition topics be sure to check the MA DESE website special education news for a list of offered summer institutes.
And more exciting news!
PASS Partner Dr. Sharon Ray will be teaching a 3 credit graduate course for teachers at Fitchburg State University called Strategies for Students with Sensory Processing Disorders. The course number is SPED 7040 and will be a full week course running the week of July 13, 2015. She will be using the 2014 revised edition of Sensational Kids by Lucy Miller as the main text. Please share with the teachers in your districts to spread the word about this exciting opportunity!
Registration link: FSU Registration Link
Please Share with your colleagues, and make a plan for the summer!
Look for Registration Information this week!
Sign up for our mailing list to receive email updates.
PASS has been informing and empowering related service providers, administrators, team leaders, teachers, families and others to support and facilitate the success of children in educational settings since 2007.
PASS offers a variety of services designed to support those working with children in educational settings including:
- Professional Development
- Program Evaluation and Development
- Staff Training
We are committed to meeting the individualized needs of our clients. We will work with you to develop and provide training opportunities designed to meet your goals. PASS also provides consultation to individuals, groups and school systems.
Topics offered by PASS include but are not limited to:
For Related Service Providers:
- Role of Related Services under IDEA
- Participation-Based Student Evaluation
- Developing Participation-Based Goals & Data Collection Systems
- Managing Workload
- Addressing Sensory Processing in School
- Providing Inclusive Services within the School Context
- Collaborative Consultation
- Creating a Plan for Change
- Best Practice: Aligning with IDEA, ASHA, AOTA & APTA
- Assistive Technology
- Secondary Transition
For Team Leaders, Families, Teachers and School Staff:
- Role of Related Services
- Distinction between the Educational Model and the Medical/Clinical Model: What every IEP Team Should Know
- Collaborative Team Process
- Creating a Unified Set of Student IEP Goals and Services for Shared Implementation
- Collaborative Consultation
- Impact of Disability on Student Participation
- Effective and Efficient Use of Related Services
- Including Related Services as Integral Members of the Collaborative IEP Team
- Setting Up Management and Data Systems for Related Services
- Establishing Appropriate Workload for Related Service Providers
- Evaluating Current District Use of Related Services